- This event has passed.
Steve Wagner (Revive 40) The adverse effects of pornography on our culture and in men in the church.
October 5 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm MST
Main Idea: Steve Wagner, our guest speaker, will be talking about the adverse effects of pornography on our culture and in men in the church. Steve is the founder of Revive 40, a ministry committed to helping men find freedom from sexual sin in their lives.
Were you surprised by any of the statistics Steve shared with us tonight? Explain?
On a scale of 1-10, (you don’t need to share details) how difficult is your struggle for sexual purity?
As a group, make a list of consequences that pornography and/or infidelity can have on your life as a married man or on your future wife as a single man. Discuss these.
How can we help each other in our pursuit of sexual purity?
This is an issue that men need to help other men work through.
Revisit the following questions from Mike’s teaching 2 weeks ago from Romans 2:1-5:
How open and honest should we be in sharing our own sins? Where do we draw lines of privacy?
- God calls us to a humble, contrite spirit. (Isaiah 66:1-2, Proverbs 1:7, 12:1)
- We can not have fellowship with God and walk in darkness! (1John 1:6-8)
What does Paul mean God’s goodness leads us to repentance?
- The riches of God’s kindness, tolerance, and patience should lead you to repentance, not to presume on His grace (Rom 2:4).
How do movies and shows that contain sex scenes color our perspective about healthy sexuality inside marriage? Do they accurately portray human sexuality? Where do we draw lines as to what’s ok and what isn’t?
- God’s solution is to deal with our sins on the heart level before Him. Come to Christ and confess your sins, turning from them, and He will forgive and cleanse you from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).
- Spend time daily in His Word. It’s like looking in the mirror and applying soap and water to the dirt in your soul. Don’t play games with God. His kindness should lead you to genuine, ongoing repentance.